Medford Library has three study rooms available for use by students. Each room has a table, chairs, a whiteboard, markers, and a whiteboard eraser. Study Rooms 1 and 2 also have a DVD player and a device-compatible monitor. All study rooms are located on the 1st floor of the library. Please refer to the Medford Library Study Rooms Use Policy for more information (the Policy will appear below when you click on a block of time).
See the Medford Library Calendar.
Medford Library Group Study Rooms and Conference Room
1. Group Study Rooms are for use by USCL students, faculty, and staff. A valid University of South Carolina Lancaster e-mail address is required for online reservations, confirmations, or cancellations.
2. Group Study Rooms may be booked for up to 3 hours per day per person. Reservations can be placed up to 4 weeks in advance online or at the Circulation Desk. Group Study Rooms and the Conference Room are available only during Library hours.
3. Advance reservations have priority over walk-ups. Reservations have a 15 minute grace period. The room reserver must be present within the grace period or the reservation will be invalid and the room will be available for use.
4. Users finishing prior to the end of their reservation time must notify a Medford Library employee at the Circulation Desk.
5. Rooms cannot be held by placing personal items or Library materials in them. The Library does not take responsibility for lost belongings, so please do not leave belongings unattended. Materials and personal items left unattended will be held in Lost and Found (Circulation Desk). Medford Library items will be checked in and re-shelved.
6. Drinks with lids are allowed. Persons leaving a mess will be contacted for accountability and/or reported to the USCL Public Safety Office.
7. Rooms are not sound-proof, so please keep noise to a minimum.
8. The Medford Library Conference Room is available for USCL students, faculty/staff, and community groups. The Medford Library Conference Room is for groups of 3 or more people. Contact the library to reserve this room.
9. This policy is subject to change as needed by Medford Library Faculty.